Career services staff, faculty and other partners on campus can do a lot to help promote the Spring Career & Internship Fair and help students get ready for the event. Use the resources below to post in student areas or share digitally. Please also share this website with students.
When should you promote the Fair? Glad you asked. For the spring, mid-January all the way through to the date of the Fair is a good window for general promotion.
Email, Social & Web Messaging
Use and adapt this text when communicating with your students about the Career & Internship Fair on your website, in newsletters or emails, and on social media:
- The Fair is open to ALL enrolled UW-Madison students, plus recent alumni who graduated within the past two years. Any year. Any major.
- Learn about full-time jobs and internships across many interest areas and roles.
- Make sure to register on Handshake ahead of time for the virtual Fair on September 28.
- Business casual attire is welcome for the in-person fair days.
Help Students Prepare for the Fairs
Here are a few ways your students can ensure they’re totally prepared for the Fair:
- Make sure your Handshake profile is fully completed and accurate. Don’t forget to upload your resume and check out positions from employers attending the Fair.
- On each Fair Handshake event page you’ll be able to see employers attending.
- Need some help preparing for the Fair? Attend Career Fair Prep Night!
- You can also login to Handshake and search “Events” for a full list of prep events, workshops and networking events, and check out the Preparing for the Fair page on this website for tutorials, instructional videos, and more.