Career services staff, faculty and other partners on campus can do a lot to help promote the Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fairs and help students get ready for the events. Use the resources below to post in student areas or share digitally. Please also share this website with students.
When should you promote the Fair? Glad you asked. For the Spring Virtual Career Fairs, mid-December all the way through to the date of the last Fair is a good window for general promotion.
Email, Social & Web Messaging
Use and adapt this text when communicating with your students about the Virtual Career Fairs on your website, in newsletters or emails, and on social media:
- These Fairs are open to ALL enrolled UW-Madison students, plus recent alumni who graduated within the past two years. Any year. Any major.
- Meet virtually with employers in group or 1:1 sessions, plus share your resume with employers.
- Learn about full-time jobs and internships across many interest areas and roles.
- Spots with employers are limited! Register for Fairs and sign up for sessions now to secure your schedule.
Help Students Prepare for the Fairs
Here are a few ways your students can ensure they’re totally prepared for the virtual Fairs:
- Make sure your Handshake profile is fully completed and accurate. Don’t forget to upload your resume and check out positions from employers attending the Fair.
- You MUST first register on Handshake for the Fairs you’d like to attend, then you’ll be able to view available employer sessions.
- On each Fair Handshake event page you’ll be able to see employers attending.
- Need some help preparing for the Fair? Login to Handshake and search “Events” for a full list of prep events, workshops and networking events. Also check out the Preparing for the Fair page on this website for tutorials, instructional videos, and more.