Career services staff, faculty and other partners on campus can do a lot to help promote the Fall 2021 Career & Internship Fair and help students get ready for the event. Check back soon for flyers and shareable graphics you can use, but in the meantime, you can share this website with students.
When should you promote the Fair? Glad you asked. For the Fall Career Fair, mid-August all the way through to the date of the Fair is a good window for general promotion.
Email, Social & Web Messaging
Use and adapt this text when communicating with your students about the Career & Internship Fair on your website, in newsletters or emails, and on social media:
- This Fair is open to ALL enrolled UW-Madison students, plus recent alumni who graduated within the past two years. Any year. Any major.
- Meet in-person or virtually and share your resume with employers.
- Learn about full-time jobs and internships across many interest areas and roles.
Help Students Prepare for the Fairs
Here are a few ways your students can ensure they’re totally prepared for the Fair:
- Make sure your Handshake profile is fully completed and accurate. Don’t forget to upload your resume and check out positions from employers attending the Fair.
- On each Fair Handshake event page you’ll be able to see employers attending.
- Need some help preparing for the Fair? Login to Handshake and search “Events” for a full list of prep events, workshops and networking events. Also check out the Preparing for the Fair page on this website for tutorials, instructional videos, and more.